Sunday, November 1, 2009

my photography bio

I simply adore capturing the naturally poised and graceful stature of subjects: Aged, worn woods, metals and structures, the purity, fragility and intensity of nature, lines, formations, angles and designs that strike and inspire me. I find myself always looking beyond, going within and being drawn into to the immense beauty that surrounds me and I love to capture it!

Since childhood, I have always had a bit of a deeper view into the normal everyday scenes of normal, everyday life. I would study the individual pieces, parts and angles of subjects and viewpoints, focusing on what made them unique, rather than what made them complete. Taking a moment to look deeper into a subject can change your view of it as a whole, and without even expecting it, an emotional response is born.

There is such incredible power in a moment, instance or experience, and what becomes a photograph holds so much more within its framed walls than what we really see. As we look more closely at our own surroundings, we find that within each of us that emotional response can be born from simply deepening our attention to the details around us. That very response reflects my passion for the images I have captured within my diverse collection.

Thank so much for taking a moment to view what I love to do!

Sincerely,
Tracy Wagstaff,
freelance photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment